Offering pastoral care to national and cross-cultural ministry leaders in the Near East
The uncompromisingly righteous ... shall grow like a
cedar in Lebanon:
majestic, stable, durable and incorruptible.
Planted in the house of the Lord,
they shall flourish in the courts of our God.
Growing in grace they shall be fresh and green
even in the winter of old age;
They shall be full of sap, spiritual vitality,
and rich in trust, love and contentment.
They are living memorials to show
that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises;
He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
Verses 12-15; adapted from the Amplified Version
We are honored to partner with God and with you as He raises up a new generation that will display the characteristics of the cedars of Lebanon: resilience, living long, growing strong under harsh conditions, lifting up their branches to heaven, and spreading the aroma of peace.
In February 2017, on our third short-term trip to Lebanon, we were invited by a national ministry leader to prayerfully consider returning long-term to offer pastoral care to his ministry team which serves youth around the country, with the possibility of serving other teams in the Near East in the future. After seeing God's hand at work to confirm the invitation, it is our heart's desire to serve these front-line national ministry leaders by offering on-the-ground, "life-on-life" counsel, encouragement, spiritual direction, mentoring, team and leadership development, and spiritual retreats.
As the director explains: "We are living in historic times in Lebanon and the Middle East. God is urging us to share the Gospel and disciple a generation that is missing hope and purpose in life because of the current crisis. Hand-in-hand with the church we have a responsibility to prayerfully seek the reconciliation of this generation with their Savior and to each other."
Please agree with Jesus' prayer for us as we minister to ministers.
As he prayed in the gospel of John chapter 17:
- May we bring glory to the Father and His Son (v 1)
- May we fulfill the mission for which God has set us apart (v 4, 17)
- May we be unified with the Father, Son and Spirit -- one heart and one mind (v 21)
- May we be mature in oneness with all God's people, so the world may believe that Jesus is the one sent by God (vv 21-23)
- May we be faithful to, and protected by, the power of God's name (v 11, 15)
- May we experience Christ's full and complete joy (v 13)
- May we faithfully make known God's true heart and character, as Jesus did (v 6, 26)
- May we receive all the Father's love for us -- the same love He has for His Son (v 26)